Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Awe Shhhhh...

Woe is me.  So just when I think all is well, I woke this morning to discover that my Kindle (a handy digital device that allows one to easily carry and read a multitude of digital copies of written work) decided to fizzle out on me.  Up until now, I have been enjoying the ease of toting around 200 books on the  notebook sized devise, and even got a little cocky, and neglected to bring any actual books along with me to Kololo.  It’s a shame, I was just getting into Bill Bryson’s Home.  A good, and appropriate read. It is a well written and thorough history of humans development, use, and personalization of homes.  Fortunately, Daniel brought two actual books,  one of which is Huxley's Brave New World.  I am surely happy for now.  But once we run out of the decent reads we can find in Hawassa and I am reading Newsweeks from 1998 (old news magazines are all over the city  streets,) the bitterness will surely set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment